CRCM Meeting Report for December 7th, 2018
Meeting opened 7:30 pm – President Marcellino Presiding
Attendance: (18) members & (1) guest
1. CRCM Swap-N-Shop was successful; 62 tables sold, good turnout. Thanks to George and Joe Schubkegel for organizing.
2. CRCM Awards Banquet was successful, good time had by all who attended. Venue was nice. 29 people attended (One below required 30). Thanks to George Schubkegel for organizing.
3. New Year’s Fly is January 1st, 10 am to NOON.
4. President Marcellino reminded members to renew their club membership for 2019. Current membership good through December.
5. President Marcellino reminded members to renew AMA memberships (if needed).
6. The membership was reminded to check their FAA licenses as well. FAA licenses appear to be good for three (3) years.
7. President Marcellino is currently working on the 2019 Events Calendar and will have it emailed out by the end of January at the latest.
8. President Marcellino is working on a NEW fun fly idea involving water take off and landing at the retention pond by his house. Further details to come.
9. Special Mention: Longtime member Fred Cedarholm was present at the meeting after a long absence due to health issues. The membership was glad to see Fred doing well and getting better. Fred expressed his wish to get back into flying again. Welcome back Fred !
Minutes of November 2nd Meeting: Read by Secretary Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Presented by Treasurer Kevin Peterson and accepted (Total $7,193.55).
Recognition of Guest: Vladimir Nikolov introduced himself as just arriving in the States in May from Bulgaria. He’s been in Radio Controlled airplanes most of his life and is very used to mixing his own fuel. Club membership welcomed Vladimir.
Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: President Marcellino stated to the membership that nothing is being done regarding the field in regards to replacing the asphalt field/runway. Marcellino requested that if anyone had time to spend working with the Forest Preserve on a regular basis to get this issue resolved, please contact him.
New Business: Treasurer Kevin Peterson presented the 2019 CRCM budget. Membership present voted to accept budget as presented. The Club is financially very sound.
Tips and Tricks: Rick B. mentioned that online retailer “MaxforUSA.com” is having a 50% sale on many aircraft.
Models of the Month: Al Brose: Phazer.
Raffle Winners: Dana B., Joe S., Dick H., George S., Bob C., Ray D., Marcellino B., Rick B. and Jim S.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.