CRCM Meeting Report for July 6th, 2018
Meeting opened 7:40 pm – President Marcellino Presiding
Attendance: (14) members & (2) guests
- Cantigny Invite 7/26 (Thursday); President Marcellino sent an email to Cantigny excluding the club from the Cantigny event this year, mostly due to difficult logistics. The Club will re-evaluate the situation for next year.
- There will be a promotional trainer day sponsored by Hobby Town in the near future; Brian Lee (Owner Hobbytown St. Charles and Schaumburg) will advertise. Club provides pilot instructors and planes. This event needs a coordinator to work with Brian Lee to set a date, time, etc. Anyone who would be interested to coordinate this even please contact Marcellino.
- Night Fly Event was held on Saturday, June 16th at Glenview Naval Air Station. Event was well attended and a lot of fun. Anyone interested in a “different” flying experience at night is highly encouraged to attend the next Night Fly Event Saturday, September 1st. More information will be forthcoming.
- It was decided to combine Fun Fly #2 and Fun Fly #3 on Sunday, July 8th. Events will begin at 10:00 am. Ed Kamm is coordinating.
- Big Bird / Picnic Event will be Sunday, August 12th; 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Former AMA district vice president Charlie Bauer passed away. Charlie was a great friend to the aeromodeling hobby / sport and will be greatly missed.
- The Club membership welcomed two guests, Bill and Bob. They both are members of the Barnstormers and are curious to see what is going on at other clubs. To Bill and Bob … Visit us anytime ! We’re glad to have you.
Minutes of June 1st Meeting: Unavailable.
Treasury Report: Presented by Treasurer Kevin Peterson and accepted (Total $7,133.30).
Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: None.
New Business: President Marcellino would like to organize a “float fly” off the retention pond near his home in Bensenville. More information to follow.
Tips and Tricks: Dana Berry: None.
Models of the Month: Aaron Lyons: Midwest Giles 202
Raffle Winners: Dana Berry won the big prize C-47 Skytrain.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.