CRCM Meeting Report for April 1st, 2016
Meeting opened at 7:30 pm – President Marcellino Presiding
Attendance: (12) members & (1) guest
- Reminder to pay club dues, $35.00. Present current AMA card.
- The Toledo R/C Show is April 1st thru April 3rd.
- Field maintenance day is April 24th, starting at 9:00 am. Fence and stands could use repair.
- Fun Fly #1 coming up on May 15th.
Treasury Report: Presented by Treasurer Kevin Peterson and accepted (Total: $8,108.12)
Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: None.
- Jim Thompson attended a meeting with the Forest Preserve on March 14th. The Forest Preserve representative (Jean Sheerin) made the following points:
- Ms. Sheerin admitted that the asphalt is in severe need of replacement, however, this work is not in the current budget. Ms. Sheerin suggested following up with her at a later date to discuss the potential for field repair. Jim Thompson is working on this.
- FAA registration generally will not be checked by the Forest Preserve, unless there is an actual incident requiring investigation.
- Permits should be purchased for all club events expecting 25 attendees or more. Currently the Club only obtains a permit for Big Bird / Picnic. This year the Club will obtain permits for Scale Fly In, Electric Fly In, and Big Bird / Picnic.
- The Forest Preserve has budgeted updated signage for flying sights.
- Forest Preserve is responsible for landscaping, e.g. mowing, tree maintenance, general upkeep. Not responsible for runway maintenance at this time.
- President Marcellino was contacted by Gregg Novosad who would like to sponsor a “Learn to FPV Race” event at the flying field. All equipment is provided by the sponsor, Horizon hobbies may be in attendance. Marcellino will send out a survey to find out general Club interest in such an event. Event would be scheduled for Saturday, May 21st.
- Rick B. brought up a potential flight demonstration at the old Glenview Naval Air Station, similar to the event CRCM staged at Cantigny last year. Rick B. will be working with Jim Thompson on this and will keep the Club posted. Date will be September 24th.
Tips and Tricks: None
Models of the Month: None
Raffle Winners: Ken W., Al B., Kevin P., Jim T., Joe P., Marcellino B.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.