CRCM Meeting Report for March 1st, 2013
Meeting opened at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (28) members & (0) guests
- President Marcellino noted new calendars sent out with new event times
- Marcellino asked members to participate with the Facebook page, tips and tricks, projects, etc.
- Greg Ross noted that Sig is selling idle bar glow plugs and if anyone is interested in placing an order.
- Jim Thomson is looking for two volunteers to help him out with the Fun Fly due to Carl Barshop’s health issues.
Minutes of Februrary 1st Meeting: Read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Presented by Ed Kamm and accepted.
Ed Kamm – Talked about Fun Fly #1 and passed out a document talking about fun fly rules, etc. Thanks to Brian for help with that.
Greg Ross and Brian Nowak – Winter Fun Fly; Sunday March 10th
Committee Reports: None
- Ed Kamm mentioned that to permit all events this year will cost the club about $125 more than previous years due to changes at the Forest Preserve. Members agreed that the extra $125 cost is preferred to obtain the permits.
- Reminder: For model of the month, make sure to have the club sticker on the plane and fill out the appropriate form. Marcellino will make up forms for the club to use.
Entertainment: Ed Bojan with Dubro.
Tips and Tricks:
- Greg Ross: Showed how to attach blind nuts to the back of a firewall that’s hard to get at.
- Marcellino: Showed how to notch the back of the prop hub and by having two screws sticking up into the notches, the prop won’t spin on the hub or backing out.
- Jim Thomson: 1. Installed RC simulator app on his smartphone for extra practice, 2. Use steel ammunition cans for safe storage and/or charging of Lipo batteries. Make sure to remove the seal on the lid.
Model of the Month: Brian Nowak – Menard Special; Steve and Brandon Sobolewski – Sig Somethin’ Extras; Al Brose – Sig Fazer; George Schubkegel – Lanier Laser 200; Marcellino – Extreme Flight;
Winner – Al Brose.
Raffle Winners: Ben, Ray Donati, Dave Golubski, Brandon Sobolewski, Dana Berry, Marcellino, Dick Hamilton.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30.