Chicagoland Radio Control Modelers
Club Meeting Minutes January 7, 2011
The regular meeting of the Chicagoland Radio Control Modelers was called to order at 8:05 pm on January 7, 2011 in the Schaumburg Airport lower level meeting room by President Greg Ross. The meeting started late due to access to the room was locked. Thanks to Ray Donati and others who made an effort to address the problem. Greg will ensure it does not happen again next month.
Present: Greg Ross President, Bob Roggeveen Treasurer, Brian DeFilippo Secretary, Steve Fortman
20 members including officers and directors present
Approval of Minutes The minutes of the previous meeting were read and accepted.
Treasurers Report A full report was presented by Bob and the report was accepted.
- Brian D. announced the distribution of the club survey. All members and former members are asked to complete the survey and return it by the February club meeting in order to participate in the incentive offer.
- Steve F. made a report on the swap meet. There were 57 tables and more than 150 attendee The club netted $1,260 income. Steve thanked George S. and Joe S. Joe S. thanked Steve for his advertising efforts.
- Greg announced there are open positions to serve the club.
- Steve has volunteered to take on the newsletter position.
- Jim T. will arrange to work with a beginner flyer at the field.
- Subject – Name badge Greg is still working on it. Steve S. did research last year and he suggested just going with that vendor. The club agreed.
- Steve said the February newsletter is coming. He will have a highlights section, selling, and model of the month. He asked for ideas.
- Ron suggested having a scale show before the scale flyin on September 11, 2011. The club agreed.
- May to September meetings will be held at the field. The September club meeting will be September 9, 2011.
- Eddy B asked about the club account at Al’s Hobby. There is no money in the account currently according to Dave G.
- Bob R. will be talking to the Forest Preserve about a variety of needs for the club. Jim T. thinks our field needs modernization.
Tips and Tricks
- Jim T. demonstrated electronic ducted fans and discussed electric power, electrical setup, voltage, lipo C ratings, inrunner motors, outrunner motors, battery chargers, and different batterie Carl B talked about a lipo battery incident he had.
- Ray T. suggested a spray adhesive and suggested a website. He made and distributed handout
Model of the Month
- Ray Donati won.
Brian D, Ron K, George S, Ray D, Art C, Eddy B, Dana, Joe P were winners. Fred C won the 50/50.
Items for next meeting None
Brian D distributed copies of the survey and cover letter to all members that were present at the meeting.
Adjournment: 9:25 P.M. Meeting was adjourned by President Ross.
The next general meeting will be held on February 4, 2011 in the lower level of the Schaumburg Regional Airport.
Minutes submitted by: Brian DeFilippo, Secretary, January 17, 2011