CRCM Meeting Report for September 6th, 2013
Meeting opened at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (21) members & (2) guests
- Fred Cedarholm mentioned Cindy from Al’s Hobby Shop was diagnosed with Legionnaires’ Disease and is in serious Keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Six to eight week recovery. Card was given to Cindy from the club.
- The incident in New York were Roman Pirozek Jr. was killed by his RC Helicopter. The club was reminded to be safety conscience at all
- Fun Fly #5 is Sunday September 8th, Jim Thompson is
- Scale Flyin is Sunday September 15th, Fred Cedarholm is hosting.
- CRCM club apparel orders are due today (Al Brose is not present however).
- Sig Manufacturing will be doing a presentation today.
Minutes of August 2nd Meeting: Read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Presented by Treasurer Ed Kamm and accepted.
Jim Thompson – Spoke briefly regarding the Fun Fly #5 scheduled for September 8th.
Fred Cedarholm – Spoke about the Scale Flyin / Picnic scheduled for 15th.
Ray Donati – Reported that the Big Bird Flyin / Picnic was a complete success. Flyers and nonflyers alike had a great time.
What to do with Linda Barshop’s donation to the club was discussed. President Marcellino mentioned an idea to get four or five field umbrellas with the club logo on the umbrellas. Marcellino asked the club to email him any additional ideas.
- Brian DeFilippo built a nitro trainer kit given to him by LeRoy Cordes which was donated to the club. Much thanks to Brian and LeRoy.
- Fred Cedarholm stated that Horizon Hobbies is going to supply lunch and airplanes for Thursday, October 3rd, at the club flying field. Anyone who would be willing to volunteer as a flight instructor would be greatly appreciated.
- Fred Cedarhom mentioned a swap meet on Saturday, September 21st, Woodland Aeromodelers in Burr Ridge. Marcellino will email the flyer to the membership.
- Jim Thompson will be representing CRCM at the Waukegan airshow on Saturday, September 7th with a static display of model aircraft.
Entertainment: Sig gave a presentation about their new products. Thanks to Sig for coming.
Tips and Tricks: Ben Scola – Use an ammunition can filled with some sand on the bottom to charge LiPos. DO NOT remove the seal on the can lid. The seal will prevent oxygen from entering the can and extinguish an LiPo fire.
Model of the Month: Marcellino – Sig Somethin’ Extra
Raffle Winners: Ed, Gene, Jim, Pierre, Ben, Herman, Dick, Larry and Ray.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45.