Meeting Report for December 3rd, 2021
Meeting opened 7:30 pm – President Marcellino presiding.
Attendance: (12) members & (0) guests
1. The 40th Annual Swap-N-Shop took place. Not as much traffic as previous years but still good. Thanks
to George and Joe Schubkegel for running the event.
2. CRCM Awards Banquet took place. 24 members signed up, 22 members attended the event. Was a great time.
Thanks to Dana Berry for organizing the event.
3. Club officers have been finalized for 2022.
4. New Year’s Fun Fly will be Saturday, January 1st, 9:00 am to Noon.
5. Suburban Aero Club is offering a chance to do Float Fly’s for 2022. The lake is located at 167th St. and Cicero.
Marcellino will email out the proposed dates for the Float Fly’s. They occur from May to October several times
Minutes of November 5th meeting: Read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Given by Treasurer Kevin Peterson and accepted ($6,238.41 Total).
Committee Reports: Ray Donati stated the meeting room has been booked for 2022 except for July.
Old Business: None.
New Business: None.
Tips and Tricks: 1) Dana Berry gave several tips and tricks for cutting Monokote, attaching Monokote to wing tips and
balancing props using clear nail polish. 2) Jim Collins talked about laser cutting airplane parts with Acad (specifically BestCurveFit
function), 3) Brian D. talked about balancing his Edge Airplane to avoid fish tailing in flight and also Tx programming end points
to help with “right rolls”.
Models of the Month: Jim Collins: Jim talked about his free flight model and modifications he made to it for a controlled “Dethermalizer” using a worm gear, Rx and old servo. Jim also talked about using a Braid and Lubed thin rubber band for
longer run times in free flight models. Finally, Jim talked about using a 50/50 solution of Acetone and Break Fluid to soak
old nitro engines in to unfreeze them.
Raffle: Held by Jim Collins
- Jim S. won the $60 white ticket prize.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45 pm.