Meeting Report for December 2nd, 2022
Meeting opened 7:30 pm – Vice President Jim Collins presiding
Attendance: (10) members & (0) guests
1. CRCM 41st Annual Swap-N-Shop was November 5th. Thanks to Joe Schubkegel for his work to make this event a success. Final results to be discussed at the January meeting.
2. CRCM Annual Club Banquet was a great success. Thanks to Mike Celli, Marcellino B. and Kevin P. for organizing.
3. Due to hacking of the club website, there will be a need for a $200/year cost to have an internet security company monitor the site for malicious activity and to use their firewall. Further discsussion will take place on this matter at the January meeting.
4. The Club was made aware that the Forest Preserve may start charging a fee on a 1) Club Basis, or 2) Individual basis to use the flying field. This would be similar to the fees charged by DuPage County to use the Forest Preserve for flying model airplanes. Further discussion will take place on this matter at the January meeting.
5. New Years Fun Fly will be Sunday, January 1st at 10:00 am to Noon.
6. President Marcellino will email the 2023 calendar out shortly for Club review and comment.
Minutes of November 4th read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Given by Vice President Jim Collins and accepted ($6,336.58 Total).
Committee Reports: Greg Ross volunteered to host the Winter Fun Fly; Ed Kamm will be providing the Chili.
Old Business: None.
New Business: , 1) Frankie Ponzo will be looking into putting wheels on the flight stands to make them easier to move for grass cutting, 2) The issue of eradicating the weeds in the asphalt field cracks has been brought up again. The Club will continue to look into ways to get rid of the weeds for the 2023 flying season.
Tips and Tricks: Ray D. showed the club his new Spektrum iX14 (14 Channel) Smart Radio system.
Model of the Month: Brian D. showed his foam Bi-Plane that he won at the Club Banquet.
Raffle: No Raffle took place.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.