Club Meeting Report for March 3rd, 2023
Meeting opened 7:30 pm – President Marecellino presiding
Attendance: (18) members & (0) guests
1. Club dues are due, $35. Don’t forget AMA and FAA renewal as applicable.
2. President Marcellino emailed out the 2023 Events Calendar and asked for any comments.
3. Fox Valley Swap Meet February 18th was well attended, a few club members attended.
4. Winter Fun Fly February 26th was fun and well attended. Weather was mild and Chili was fabulous !
6. Frankie P. will be upgrading the flight stands with wheels to make them more mobile; about $240 per table.
7. Marcellino is keeping tabs on the Forest Preserve field issue. Marcellino was told by David Panitch with the Forest Preserve that the Club would absolutely like to retain the existing field and not have it removed and replaced with grass. Communications are ongoing.
8. Marcellino is obtaining a quote to scarify the asphalt field to submit to the Forest Preserve for consideration. Initial cost is $75,000.
9. Rick B. had his surgery with some complications. Please keep Rick in our thoughts and prayers as he goes through his recovery process.
Minutes of February 4th meeting read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Given by Treasurer Kevin Peterson and accepted ($7,184.51 Total).
Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: Marcellino is communicating with the Forest Preserve regarding the status of the existing field and also obtaining a quote to scarify the field. Marcellino will keep the club posted.
New Business: Jim Collins has submitted for FRIA Zone recognition from the FAA through the AMA to cover the flying field. Jim will keep the club posted regarding the status of the application.
Tips and Tricks: None.
Model of the Month: 1) Ed Kamm: Scratch built foam bi-plane.
Raffle: Conducted by Jim Collins; White Ticket $75.00 prize: Brian T.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm.