CRCM Meeting Report for August 1st, 2014
Meeting opened at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (15) members & (0) guests
- President Marcellino reminded the membership to make sure AMA membership is
- Big Bird Flyin and Club Picnic is Sunday, August 10th (Hosted by Ray Donati and Dana Berry)
- FunFly #4 is August 24th – Will be hosted by Ed
- Wildcat bulk fuel is Thanks goes to Joe Schubkegel (Joe is a Wildcat fuel distributor) and Marcellino for coordinating this effort.
- Trainer Day #2 was July 19th. Was a success although not as well attended as Trainer Day #1.
Minutes of July 11th Meeting: Read by Secretary Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Presented by President Marcellino and accepted.
Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: None.
- Vice President Fred Cedarholm updated the membership regarding Forest Preserve plans:
- Permits can be obtained online. This years fees should be the same as last year.
- All club surveys have been submitted to the Forest Preserve. Forest Preserve will issue a letter to all clubs asking what field repairs are required for next year’s budget.
- Fred extended an invitation for a representative from the Forest Preserve to attend a club meeting.
- President Marcellino introduced a motion to petition the Forest Preserve for a new runway which will be up to AMA standards. This would include getting standard 300 foot by 50foot asphalt runway in lieu of the 200′ x 200′ asphalt we have now. It was decided to wait until the next membership meeting to take a vote on the motion so that more members would be present.
- Jim Thomson will be at the Waukegan Air Show representing CRCM and will do a flight demo. Event will be September 6th.
- President Marcellino emphasized that that the club website is not currently being updated as it should be. The Board is working on a solution for the website to keep it updated in the future. Club members can refer to the club Facebook page for latest pictures and information.
- Marcellino recommended that the membership go to the AMA website and do a response to the FAA ruling on small unmanned aircraft that could affect the hobby in a negative way. Responses to the ruling are due September 23rd.
Entertainment: None (Board is looking into guests to come in to speak. Responses have not been good)
Tips and Tricks: None.
Model of the Month: 1. Dana Berry – Sig Cadet Junior, 2. Fred Cedarholm – Aeroworks aerobatic ARF
Raffle Winners: Gene, Rick and Herman
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.