CRCM Meeting Report for May 3rd, 2013
Meeting opened at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (25) members & (0) guests
- Fun Fly #1 is scheduled on May 5th. Ed Kamm proceeded to explain Fun Fly #1 in
- President Marcellino reminded people about paying
- Mike Celli reminded the membership that the meeting minutes are posted on the Club website within a day or two of the
Minutes of April 5th Meeting: Read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Presented by Ed Kamm and accepted.
Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: None.
- Big Bird / Club Picnic – Still trying to work out the portapotty issue.
- Terry D’Anca mentioned that he had tree climbing gear in his shed. Board will discuss what to do with the equipment.
- Ed Kamm mentioned verbage on the forest preserve permit may not make the events exclusive to the club. Next year the club may not want to pull permits. Board will discuss.
- Greg Ross talked about a silent auction for Carl Barshop’s equipment. Details and time for auction to be announced at a later time.
- It was mentioned Fred Hoff’s wife is interested in selling off his equipment. Details to be forthcoming.
- Dave Rosenblatt’s equipment will most likely go to his son Steve.
- Fred Cedarholm asked about an updated club roster. Marcellino stated that he is working on an updated club roster.
- Jim Thompson talked about the electric flyin:
- Andy Petlak catering food.
- Thanks to Ed Kamm and others for stepping in to help out due to Carl Barshop’s passing. c. $10 landing fee which includes dinner and raffle; Dinner is $5 for non flying spectators.
- Will try to do the following events; 1. Fastest electric prop aircraft, 2. Fastest electric jet aircraft, 3. Best scale of the event. Events not mandatory and will be based on interest at time of event.
- Next year it is proposed to name the event in honor of Carl Barshop.
Entertainment: None. Sig will be attending for the August 2nd meeting.
Tips and Tricks:
- Dana Berry showed his JR radio LiPo battery arrangement with voltage regulator from A Pro Hobbies. Regulator costs $9.00.
- Terry D’Anca stated that 1. Don’t charge the LiPo battery within the radio and 2. Don’t send your JR radio to Horizon Hobbies for repair with the LiPo battery installed. Horizon will send it back unfixed.
Model of the Month: Dick Hamilton – Super Kaos .40; Jim Thompson – F35 Jet; Winner – Jim Thompson
Raffle Winners: Larry Nelson, Bob Carroll, Jim Straus, Pierre, Herman, Joe Patt, Gene Snow, Ray Tinley and Marcellino.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30.