Chicagoland Radio Control Modelers Club Meeting Minutes
December 3, 2010
The regular meeting of the Chicagoland Radio Control Modelers was called to order at 7:35 pm on December 3, 2010 in the Schaumburg Airport lower level meeting room by President Greg Ross.
Present: Greg Ross President, Brian Nowak Vice President, Brian DeFilippo Secretary, David Rosenblatt Interim Treasurer
19 members including officers and directors present
Approval of Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were not available for reading.
Treasurers Report : A full report was presented by Dave R on behalf of Bob and the report was accepted.
- A New Member joined the club and was welcomed at the meeting.
- Ray T said that Steve F will give a full report on the swap meet. Ray also announced that a donor gave his entire airplane inventory to hi Ray took it to the swap meet and sold all of it. Ray donated the $275.00 proceeds to the club. The club would like the secretary to send a thank you to the donor.
- Strictly RC has a customer appreciation event on December 4, 2010.
- A question was raised about the new FAA and Homeland Security effort to regulate height and speed of flying. The AMA is working on this effort. Club was asked to monitor the situation.
- President Ross asked for volunteers to fill many important roles within the club. Among the positions needed are Chief Flight Instructor, Fun fly coordinators, Banquet coordinator, and several other position A newsletter editor is strongly needed. Ross took notes of the volunteers.
- Brian Nowak introduced a new twist on the meeting raffle progra
Tips and Tricks
- Brian Nowak gave a presentation on the standard throttle and servo setup. Expo, throttle curves, mechanical and electronic trims, and fuel tank and carburetor alignment was discussed. Several questions were answered.
- Dick offered tip on customizing tweezers for better grab on wire
Model of the Month
Al Brose presented a Fun World electric and his picture was taken.
- Don Wisnowski, Ray Donati, Al Brose, Joe Patt were winne
Items for next meeting
- Carl B asked about the status of name badge Discussion ensued. Current option is expensive but preferred. Greg R will follow up on it.
- Brian N suggested to eliminate red ticket
- There was discussion about the AMA Intro Pilot Progra This program will be responsibility of the new Chief Flight Instructor.
Adjournment: 8:45 P.M.
Meeting was adjourned by President Ross.
The next general meeting will be held on January 7, 2011 in the lower level of the Schaumburg Regional Airport.
Minutes submitted by: Brian DeFilippo, Secretary, December 6, 2010