CRCM Meeting Report for October 3rd, 2014
Meeting opened at 7:30 pm – Vice President Fred Cedarholm Presiding
Attendance: (27) members & (1) guest
- George Schubkegel reminded the membership that the club Banquet is October 18th. Payment is due no later than October 11th.
- George Schubkegel reminded the membership that the club Swap Meet is November 1st. Regular club meeting and Fun Fly Auction is October 31st at St. John Lutheran School 1101 S. Linneman Rd. Mt. Prospect, IL. 60056. George requested volunteers to show up at around 6:00 pm on October 31st to help set up tables before the regular meeting for the Swap Meet.
- Fred Cedarholm reported that the Scale Flyin was a success. Club broke even.
- Al Brose stated that the club golf outing is Sunday October 5th.
Minutes of September 5th Meeting: (Not available due to absences)
Treasury Report: Presented by Vice President Fred Cedarholm on behalf of Treasurer Ed Kamm and accepted. Committee Reports: None.
Old Business: None.
- Vice President Fred Cedarholm reported to the membership severapricing options that he obtained with regards to the field. The club needs to make a recommendation to the Forest Preserve as to what should be done with the field. The options are as follows:
- Remove asphalt and replace with grass only: $76,000
- Scraping the top of the asphalt, leveling and providing 1 ¼ inches of topping asphalt and striping: $36,665. Not guaranteed for cracking however.
- Scraping the top of the asphalt, leveling, fabric and providing 1 ½ inches of topping asphalt and striping: $53,589. Guaranteed for a year.
- Complete replacement of the field to match existing: $88,000.
- Fred Cedarholm asked for nominations for club officer positions. George Schubkegel made a motion to keep the current officers and board as is. Motion was accepted.
- Jim Thompson reported that his display at the September 6th Waukegan Air Show was a success. Jim proposed for next year to put a CRCM flight team together for an air show and demonstration.
- Jim Thompson reiterated the importance for each member to police the field in case non members (and members) are doing things not within the club rules. Entertainment: None (Board is looking into guests to come in to speak)
Tips and Tricks: None.
Model of the Month: Bill – Goldberg Buster Control Line
Raffle Winners: Joe Patt, George, Dick Hamilton, Joe Schubkegel, Bill and Kurt
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.