Meeting opened at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (21) members & (0) guests
- Fred Cedarholm mentioned Cindy from Al’s Hobby Shop is recovering from her illness (Legionnaires Disease).
- President Marcellino mentioned the iHobby Expo at the Schaumburg Convention Center on October 5th and 6th.
- Club banquet was mentioned to be on October 19th. Contact George Schubkegel to make reservations.
- Annual swap meet will be on November 2nd. Setup will begin at 5:30 pm November 1st prior to the regular club meeting.
- Regular club meeting will be on November 1st at the Church school. Fun Fly auction will occur subsequent to the club meeting.
- Larry Nelson is selling aircraft.
Minutes of September 6th Meeting: Read by Mike Celli and accepted.
Treasury Report: Presented by Treasurer Ed Kamm and accepted.
Al Brose – Spoke briefly about club apparel. Deadline for last order has passed.
Al Brose – Spoke briefly about the club golf outing on Sunday, October 13th at Golf Course of Illinois in Algonquin. Tee off is 10 am. Contact Al Brose if interested in going.
Fred Cedarholm – Reported the Scale Flyin was rained out.
Old Business: What to do with Linda Barshop’s donation to the club was discussed. President Marcellino mentioned an idea to get four or five field umbrellas with club logo on umbrella and Carl Barshop’s name imprinted on them. Marcellino stated the cost from one supplier to be $1,188.00. Marcellino asked the club to email him any additional ideas. Other ideas mentioned at the meeting: 1) Purchase a brick at the AMA walk of fame, 2) Field maintenance.
- Board will set a day for field maintenance to occur.
Tips and Tricks:
- Ed Bywalec talked about a manually operated red/green battery charge indicator from Hobby King,
- Ray Tinley showed off his home built spanner wrench to help tighten the prop nut on an electric motor.
Model of the Month: None.
Raffle Winners: George Schubkegel, Ray Danoti, Kenny Ward, Bob Carroll, Ray Tinley, Jim Strauss, Larry Nelson, Brian DeFilippo, Ed, Joe Schubkegel.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35.